Fortnite 5.20 Content Update Adds Steady Storm ModeAugust 7, 2018
Happy Tuesday! That means more Fortnite content from Epic Games. The 5.20 update hands players a new weapon, a double barrel shotgun with twice the bullets and twice the fun. You’re going to want to stand back if you’re up against this gun, which is extremely powerful when used at close-range.
A new, limited-time mode has been introduced to Fortnite. Steady Storm plays the same as the standard battle royale mode, but with one key difference: the storm never stops moving. That means your stealth and hide-and-seek strategies aren’t going to save you for long.
Fortnite‘s Save the World mode is experiencing some changes too. It has added Ragnarok, The Dark Viking, into the mix. This Mythic Outlander has an earth shattering ability called Seismic Impact. Save the World will also have weekly horde challenges, so be sure to participate to test your skills as you earn loot.
Fortnite Season 5 started July 12, 2018 and will run through September 25, 2018, so it’s not too late to join in on the fun.
Below are the Fortnite patch notes in their entirety:
- The remaining time left in the Item Shop and Event Store will now appear correctly in Battle Royale and in Save the World.
- Certain interactions will now interrupt reloading.
- Reset to Default will now properly reset keys to the default values.
- Changing input options will show a confirmation message if replacing a current input bind.
- Audio for automatic weapons no longer cuts out after tapping the fire button and then immediately pressing and holding the fire button.
- Fixed an issue that could cause multiple selection boxes to appear when using a controller.
- Reduced memory usage of internal object reference search systems. This will help prevent out of memory crashes.
- Non-English audio device names in the audio settings menu will now display correctly.
- Players using voice chat will no longer join the wrong channels when rapidly switching parties, join the wrong voice channels, or be unable to send or receive voice chat in most cases.
- The mouse cursor lock state in windowed mode will now function properly. Alt-tabbing will return mouse lock status.
- The ‘Sprint Cancels Reload’ option will now function properly with “Sprint by Default” enabled.
- Fixed some display issues with the interaction between the display resolution, 3D resolution, and video quality settings in the Options screen.
- The keyboard ‘key’ hotkey background has been updated to increase legibility.
- Party system is now more responsive to errors related to connection loss when sending certain party messages like kicking and promoting. Should reduce issues with managing party.
[Source: Epic Games]